Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We are having a....

I thought about dragging this out so you all had to read through a ton of stuff before I actually told you what the baby is, but that is too cruel... I'm not very patient myself, so I couldn't do it.

We are having a GIRL!!! We are very excited! It is nice to that I no longer have to refer to her as "it", and everything seems more real now. Once again, she bounced around like crazy during the entire ultrasound and had the ultrasound tech laughing because it was really hard to take any decent pictures. Every time she was in line for a picture, she would bolt. The ultrasound tech thought it was amazing that I sleep at all! The other thing was that she kept her hands up in front of her face so it was hard to get a good picture of her face, too. Maybe she is shy, but I think stubborn is more like it! Oh, and we plan on naming her Emma! Anyway, we are very excited and can't wait until she is here!

14 comments:

Johnson Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you. A girl will be so much fun. I agree with you too. It is nice being able to say "he" or "she" instead of "it." Again, congrats. That is so fun. :)

Julie said...

Hooray! I am going to be an aunt. I know everyone else is already an aunt/uncle but this is a first time for me!

Noelle said...

Wahoo!!! The day you find out what you're having somehow adds to the reality of he whole experience. You'll love having a girl...especially shopping for her...girls clothes are so adorable!

hmmm said...

yay! a sweet little tiny baby girlie.
Congrats!

Catherine said...

Wahoo! You're going to be a fantastic mommy Melody! I can't wait to meet her...and I bet you can't either! ;)

Kristen said...

Congratualtions. Girls are so fun-especially to dress. Emma is such a cute name--my good friends little girl is names Emma.

Heather said...

Congrats!!! Girls are the best!

Anne and Wayne said...

Whew! I have been waiting and waiting to hear what you were having. Now I know and I am very happy for you! A little girl--and already very modest. Good for her. And good for the two of you, too. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! By the way, I wanted to name my first daughter Emma too! We must be cousins.

Brooke said...

Girls are a blast! I love my 'girls nights' with my two crazies. Chocolate, pizza, painting toe-nails. It is the best. I loved both of my ultrasounds. It makes the pregnancy so much more real. You always feel the baby moving, but it it amazing to actually see what she is doing. Congrats!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations. Mike always said he wanted a house full of girls. He's gotten used to a boy though.

Skye said...

Congratulations!!! You are going to have so much fun with little Emma. I agree with being able to refer to the baby as he or she. We named Asher before he was born and it was always fun being able to talk to him and call him by name when he was in my tummy. Congratulations again Mommy!!!

Brittany said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you two! I think reality just set in that you're going to be a mom it has kinda just been like ya she's prego cuz I haven't seen you! But now that we know its a lil Emma its a little more real! Love you and I can't wait for her to get here!

Adam,Emily, Paisley, Hayden, and Landon said...

Congrats melody! I am so happy for you! Girls are you best! :D