Wednesday, November 25, 2009

#25

I can't believe that I'm not posting on this until day 25, but I thought it would be fitting since Emma is 9 months old today. I haven't done a blog on Emma for a while, so I should probably warn readers there might be an overload of motherly gushing below...

Some funny quirks:
-We finally got Emma to sleep with her feet covered. We were always having to leave her feet hanging out of her sleepers because she couldn't sleep with them in there.
-Her hands are constantly moving in little circles. You would probably have to see it to fully understand, but her little hands just rotate around on her wrists constantly, like she is leading music or something.
-She growls. Don't know exactly where she picked it up, but she has a pretty awesome growl. She used to do it all the time, now she mainly does it to show frustration or displeasure at something.
-She loves it when we blow in her face and when we fan a blanket in front of her. Her hands and feet start going a million miles an hour and she grins and giggles.
-She loves people and attention, seriously she is such a ham. But she usually only likes these people at a distance, not when they want to hold her.
-She is such a talker. All day. All the time. And I love it.
-One of my other favorite things is when she sings. Jared and I sing to her all the time, and she tries to mimic us. She is a big fan of the Righteous Brothers. :)
-She also dances and bobs along with music now. It's hilarious! Usually this just happens at home, often when she is sitting on my lap while I play the piano or if some fun music comes on the TV. She was sitting in the cart at Old Navy the other day and was dancing up and down and swaying. I was laughing so hard and I didn't have my camera!
-Anything Jared and I eat or do is better than what she has. We were doing a puzzle the other night and we thought Emma was content sitting on the couch next to Jared playing with her toys. I left the room and came back in to she had crawled through his arm to "help" with the puzzle.

Milestones:
-She has conquered her walker, and follows me all over in our house since there is no carpet. She is so proud of herself.
-She is a really good sitter now. Occasionally she'll get a little over-eager to grab something and tips over, but not too often.
-She sits up in her baths and plays with toys, except for when I'm washing her hair.
-She still hates rolling over. She will do it, but very rarely, and then usually only from back to front. She still will just scream and give up when she gets stuck on her stomach.
-She crawls backwards all the time. Forward crawling only occurs when she is really motivated.
-She remembers people now. It only takes her a minute to remember her grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles and go to them. She always loves her cousins and has never seemed to forget them.
-She doesn't drink out of her bottle anymore, and has been on just her sippy cup for 2 months or so.
-She FINALLY took a formula about a month ago, so now she drinks formula one feeding a day.
-She sleeps so well at night, from about 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. except for a feeding at about 6:30 a.m. It is wonderful!

Whew! I won't wait so long until next time to post about her so it isn't so much! There are just so many things I don't want to forget. Anyway, I love being her mom and all of the fun and silly things she does. I'm so grateful that I get to be with her all day so I don't miss anything.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Being the mom gives you the right to write lots and lots of gush about your kids. Emma seems like she has the cute personality to match her cute good looks.