Thursday, October 27, 2011

Loves Lately

All things fall. The girls' Halloween costumes, the leaves, the colors, the temperature, carving pumpkins. Emma, Maddie and I all got our hair done on Saturday. I will have to take and post of picture of mine later, but we CHOPPED Emma's. And I love it! Oh, I know you can't see much more than his arm, but I kinda love that guy in this picture, too. ;)



I signed up to run a 10K on November 12th. It might not be my best time and I might not be in perfect shape but it still feels GOOD to get out there and be moving.



I have Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown, and LOVE it! It isn't like other yoga workouts I have done. She is all about elevating the heartrate and keeping it up with constant, upbeat movements. Only 30 minutes long and perfect for cross-training and building strength on the days that I can't get out and go running. The kids can be playing around me as I do it, too.



I've been using my crockpot several times a week. There are days when there is no way we would get a good, homemade dinner on time if I hadn't put dinner in the crockpot hours before. Life and stress saver!



I wore pre-pregnancy jeans yesterday! It might not have been pretty, but they were on and I felt good wearing them! I've been working my booty off to get in shape this time.



Went to storytime at the library in Chubbuck yesterday. It is a small library, and very laid back, perfect for moms with small children. The girls were in heaven picking out their stack of books after storytime. As we left, Emma called over her shoulder to the librarian who scanned our books, "Thank you so so much for my book!"



I have used this to track my calories, but the thing I like most is the weigh-in function. I like being able to look back and see what I weighed and what my waist/hip measurements were a month ago and realize that I'm making progress, even if I can't always see immediate results like I want to.



The kids. Emma and Maddie don't seem to remember life without Briggs, and they are so sweet with him. They usually beat me to the crib when he starts fussing. This morning I walked into the living room and found Emma reading a story to him. Melted my heart.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

I hope my kids adjust that quickly to the new baby. It's funny isn't it? How a new baby can feel like they've been with you all along?

Way to go for getting back into running so quickly. You're amazing!

Adam,Emily, Paisley, Hayden, and Landon said...

melody! your family is so darling! and go you getting into those jeans! you are such a inspiration! happy halloween:D