Thursday, March 17, 2011

The newest addition to our family!!

(This is obviously not our actual van, ours will never be that clean again- but it's the right color, style, etc. so you can see what it is like)

We traded in our truck for a van!! It is a Dodge Grand Caravan. So now I drive that and Jared drives the Corolla. I got the Corolla in high school, and it is about ten years old. So comparing the van to the Corolla, I'm feeling very spoiled. Cruise, automatic locks, automatic windows, power seats, power mirrors built in carseats, stow-n-go, and keyless entry are my favorite features the van has that the Corolla doesn't. The biggest benefit of the van over the truck is the gas mileage. HUGE difference. We get double the gas mileage!

Best of all, we have some much needed extra space to make room for the new baby due September 26th! :)

7 comments:

Megan said...

WOW!!!!! moving up in the world to the minivan. i don't think i'll ever be ready for that, don't know what it is about vans, but don't like them!

wow and yeah for a new baby! you are brave to have them close together. i feel like i need the space inbetween so i can not always be hormonal and feel crazy. nice work! hope you are feeling well!

Heather said...

Love your new additions!!! I know you probably feel a little overwhelmed with another baby coming, but I firmly believe that these precious spirits are definitely supposed to come when they do!!! Let me know if you need anything.

Charlotte said...

I'm glad to see everything went well yesterday! Congrats again!

Karen said...

Congratulations on your 2 new additions to the family!

Brittany said...

Congrats Mel! I'm excited for you. You are well on your way to being a soccer mom with your VAN!

Skye said...

Congrats on your new additions! That is so exciting!

Anthony & Niccole Groff said...

Congrats you guys!! Mom told me you were expecting number 3! Those anitbiotics can be dangerous! ;) Can't wait to see the little boy!