Friday, July 12, 2013

1 Week Old!?!

I know it is cliche... but time FLIES!  I just typed "1 week old" and couldn't believe it.  Anderson is changing so much so fast.  Seriously, I feel like everyday he is a little bit different.

He has been having more alert times, and it is fun to watch him try to communicate with me.  He is determined to smile and talk and I feel like if I blink he'll be crawling.


The first time he was really awake and alert.  Also, look at the HANDS!  So big!

One of my favorite faces.  He wrinkles up his forehead and looks at me like he thinks we're crazy. :)

He has loved having his hands out and moving from day 1.  He also loves stretching out more than any of our other babies have at so young.

Receding hairline?! ;)

Don't let it deceive you, though!  He has LOTS of DARK hair in the back.

Sisterly love.  This is not unusual.  They can't get enough of him and are so soft and sweet with him.

Maddie loves "taking her turn".  It looks to me like he doesn't mind it, either. :)

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for family and friends this week.  We are so blessed!  They have made this transition this week so easy and simple, and allowed Anders and I to relax and figure each other out.

He is a very content baby.  He likes his hands out and moving, but for the night I swaddle him much tighter, and that seem to be ok with him, too.  

His hands and feet are big.  He was the same length as Briggs was, but nearly a whole pound less, so I think when he fills out he'll be tall and big.

He eats every 3 hours, but occasionally goes for longer periods, hoping to get those longer times happening during the night! :)  He eats, gets his diaper changed, and goes back to sleep during the night.  

He sleeps right through all of the jostling, loud noise and love that comes from Briggs.  Briggs loves to kiss, shake his hand, high five him and touch the foreheads together.  None of that is as gentle as I would like, but it is as gentle as Briggs gets, and we're happy he loves him so much.





No comments: