We spent the fall and a fairly warm winter missing our trampoline, that ripped and was ruined in the fall.
I ordered a new mat, hoping it would be here in time to enjoy over spring break, but it was going to be a full week into the break before we were going to get it. FedEx was kind enough to deliver the new mat even earlier than expected so Anderson and I put it together and he tested it. He bounced twice and then turned and tried to run straight off! Luckily his feet got tangled in the springs so I was able to get to him before he fell all the way. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and gave him another chance. He bounced a little longer and then ran and did the same thing. I realized that he has only jumped on two of our neighbor's trampolines, both of which are enclosed with nets that he throws himself into. He has since figured the trampoline out and is much more cautious. When the other kids are on, he sits down in the middle and lets them bounce him.
I told the kids they had to have their chores done and the basement clean before they could jump on it, and they worked so hard and fast I wish I could motivate them like that every day. It was so windy and cold outside but they just took blankets outside and jumped anyway.
In just less than a week, the kids have easily logged over 8 hours playing on it. And that's not counting all their games under or around it.
Needless to say, that trampoline is one of the best gifts we have ever been given!
The boys didn't bother to change clothes after church on Sunday, they just ran straight to it!





No comments:
Post a Comment