Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pocatello Marathon

I can't believe I am almost 2 months late posting about this! Labor Day weekend Jared and I finally did our runs! Jared ran the full marathon and I ran the half marathon! It was incredible! It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be, and it was so inspiring to see so many people running. I loved that there were times you could see the line of runners going on forever.

Connie & I (around mile 3)- I LOVE this girl!!
Connie & I (about mile 8ish)
Jared (mile 16ish for him)
Such a good feeling to see that finish line!

I was less that 15 feet from the finish line and VERY happy!!
FINISHED!
I can't believe he just finished 26.2 miles! Amazing!
I didn't even notice this until Eric was taking a picture of it- I think it is where my timing chip was rubbing. Our only "injury" unless you count Jared losing a toenail!
We were so lucky to have a ton of family there to support us! My family went along the whole route with us and got there in time to see us cross the finish line. Jared's mom and sister had Emma all morning and at the finish line. Connie, my sister-in-law, also ran the half with me and was seriously my inspiration. You're amazing! Thanks for pushing me the whole way! It was a lot of fun and we were all excited to have finished our runs! Can't wait til next year to do it all over again! :)

8 comments:

Catherine said...

I am so impressed and so proud of both of you! What an accomplishment, really. I felt like I owned the world when I ran my first 5K last year, and here you are running a half marathon and Jared running a full. Way to go you guys!

Connie said...

You were really my inspiration so... it's a good thing we stuck together. I am still so pumped about having done that! I feel like I can do anything. Even finish nursing school Ha Ha!!

Heather said...

Congratulations. Now you are my inspiration. That is an amazing accomplishment!!!

mandyjanewilliams said...

Yeah!!! Glad you put these on here. I had so much fun helping you get ready! I miss it!

Karen said...

Way to go Melody!

Anonymous said...

wow! awesome job!!! those are not easy races!! kudos to both of you! I didnt know jared was a runner too! How fun, you guys can train together!

Skye said...

You guys are so amazing!!! That's quite an accomplishment...you now have earned complete bragging rights :)

Brooke said...

That is awesome! So many people talk about running marathons (me included!), but so few actually do it. You are my inspiration. Maybe...someday...yeah, probably not:-)