Friday, October 2, 2009

Any suggestions?

I have some Dr. Seuss and Berenstain Bears books, along with a few other random books, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions of other good kids books? Or any authors you really like? Thanks!

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Little Critter is a favorite in our house. I also found a book "3 Minute Fairy Tales" at Sam's Club which has always been perfect for those short attention spans.

Heather said...

It seems like as Aubree gets older her choice in books is constantly changing. From 0-2 years old we really liked the Baby Einstein books. We got them at Barnes and Noble and they were made of vinyl. That meant they could go in the bath tub, they could be slobbered on and chewed on. They still are in great shape and I can recite most of them by heart because we read them quite a bit. Aubree's favorite was Water, Water Everwhere!

Karen said...

I found some cute books at Wal Mart that were like 97 cents, they may be more now but not much. They were foamy too and Ethan chewed on them. He loved and still loves Brown Bear and Polar Bear.

Grandma Grace said...

The favorite book in our family is by Richard Scarry called "Cars and Trucks and things that go." It has a little goldbut that you find on each page and so is good for church.
GG

Grandma Grace said...

That is a goldbug not but.
Gg

Noelle said...

For toddler age, we love Sandra Boynton books and any touch and feel books (Hannah loves these)! As they get older, we really like Karma Wilson (Bear Snores On series or Never Ever Shout in a Zoo) or the Froggy books by Jonathan London. But mostly we just go to the library and pick out a bunch that we like and hope to hit gold a time or two..which we usually do! Good luck.
BTW..personal favorite "Guess How Much I Love You?" by Sam McBratney.

Noelle said...

I can't believe I forgot to mention Eric Carle...but we LOVE his books, even now my older kids will look at them because the drawings are so fun and the story lines are great! The Very Hungry Caterpillar, The Very Busy Spider, and The Grouchy Ladybug are just a few of many!

Johnson Family said...

I don't know of any authors, but Brittany got me a Baby Einstein book and Justus loves it. Hope that helps.

Hannah said...

We also love the Little critter books. Also we like Franklein (green turtle) books. We also love to find books at DI and yardsales so that we have a wide variety of random fun books to read! We read a LOT so the more the better!

Amanda said...

I love your blog!! I wish we saw you guys more, or at all :). Emma is growing up so fast. I can't decide who she looks like. My kids love books so I'll give you a list of books that they have liked from infants to Anna's rip old age of almost 3. The Very Hungry Caterpillar, any of the books by David Shannon (Oh, David; Opps!; No, David), Good Night Gorilla, the Peekaboo books (published by DK) Mixed Up Alphabet, and the Napping House. These are just a few, but my list could go on and on. If you need more ideas let me know. :)