Saturday, June 25, 2011

Home


"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned." (Maya Angelou)

I've always told Jared that I just want our home to FEEL like home. It doesn't have to be "beautiful" or "spotless". I'm ok with cute and organized/clean enough if that means it feels like home to my family, especially my children and their friends.

Our house was first on the appointment list for the people we rented it to. They came and were so excited they wanted to rent on the spot. But they went to their other appointments anyway, just so they could see what was out there.

When they came back we talked and found out they just couldn't forget our house. Anyone who has seen our house knows it isn't fancy, but I think it is cute and perfect for us. They said the reason they had to come back was because... "It just FELT like home."

1 comment:

Mardi said...

That is a great compliment to you, Melody. That means you have invited the Spirit into your home. Your kids will look forward to coming "home" someday too, no matter the house you live in. Good luck with everything!