Dr. #1 couldn't find the heartbeat, so he had me get an ultrasound at 12 weeks to be sure everything was ok. Then I had my standard ultrasound at 18 weeks.
Last week when I went to Dr. #2 again, he ordered another ultrasound because my 18 week ultrasound indicated a condition called Placenta Previa.
I'm still a little frustrated that Dr. #1 didn't tell me there could be a problem.
However, I'm feeling grateful that Dr. #2 is competent enough to catch that and proactive enough to get it all checked out.
We have never had an ultrasound past 21 weeks, so it was AMAZING to see our little guy today. You could clearly see all the chambers of the heart, hair on his head, facial features and much more.
So here is what I learned:
1) I do not have Placenta Previa, the placenta has moved up higher in the uterus and there are no problems there.
2) This kid has a LOT of hair on his head. Seriously, if there is enough to be visible on an ultrasound, you know there's a lot.
3) He will be big. Looks like he is over 5 lbs already and she guessed he will be 8-8 1/2 lbs at birth.
4) The heart, brain, bones, spine, kidneys, bladder, fluid in the sac, etc. look just like they should.
5) We are so blessed. He is adorable and I can't wait to meet him... and see him in color. ;)
2 comments:
I don't think the placenta is developed enough at 12 weeks for them to have known... if I'm remembering that right, anyway.
So glad he's healthy. I'm getting excited for pictures of the little guy...not too many more weeks! I think my last trimester will go fast be I'll be excited for your little guy, and then Hannah's, and by the time all that excitement is over I won't have much longer to wait. :)
Ultrasounds are amazing. Being able to get a glimpse of your baby is always exciting. It gives you peace of mind to see that he is growing the way he should, plus, it's nice to know your baby will have hair. :-) I'm glad everything is going okay. I think about you all the time. I can't wait to meet your little guy. Any names yet?
Post a Comment