Friday, April 6, 2012

That time of year

It is cold and windy, then sunny and windy, then snowy and windy... must be East Idaho and BASEBALL season! :)

We signed Emma up for T-ball this year. Believe me, I had LISTS of things I would or would not do with my kids... like never letting them sleep in my bed, or go to the store looking like a homeless child, watch TV to entertain them, etc. I decided long ago that age 3 was WAY too young for pre-school or lessons or teams of any kind.

And yes, I'm eating my words on ALL of those things, and so many more.

Jared and I were trying to come up with something to help build her confidence, something to give her a "separate" thing from Maddie, and ways to allow her to have one on one time with us, especially with Jared. The opportunity presented itself, so we ran with it.

I was struggling deciding what to put her in. Jared said, "Why don't you ask her?" The options we gave her were tumbling, soccer and baseball... there was not even a SECOND of hesitation. "BAS-A-BALL!"

When I signed her up they asked if I would coach. I just laughed. I consider myself capable in nearly every sport, but baseball is just not my thing. Funny, since Jared's family loves it the most. So I signed Jared up to coach. He loves to coach and has coached several times before. Maybe not 3 year olds, though. :)

Anyway, he had his coach's meeting the other night and came home with all of the equipment. The girls couldn't wait to get outside and try it out.



Oh, and THEN I showed her the team shirt! He just hugged it and said, "I love it, Mommy!"


Honestly, I'm really nervous to see how this goes. Attention span is something we don't have a lot of around here! I hope it is a good experience for her and that she has fun.

No comments: