Wednesday, September 26, 2012

An Accomplishment

I just realized that today marks exactly 1 year since I weighed in after having Briggs and began my weight loss journey. Through the year, I have:
-Adjusted to birth control/nursing
-Run a 10K in a blizzard when Briggs was just a few weeks old
-Began and completed the Insanity workout system... definitely insane, and SO worth it!
-Worked through throwing my back out
-Competed in the Game On fitness challenge
-Adjusted to weaning Briggs from nursing/more changes in birth control
-Run a 40 mile relay race
-Run another 10K(did not walk even one step of it :)
-Run my first mud run

I have a relationship with food. I have often rewarded myself with food items and associate most holidays/events with treats. Anytime there is a get together, it seems like food(that isn't very good for you) is there.

What I have learned this year is that moderation is the key. It is ok to splurge every once in a while, but it is so much better when it is actually a splurge instead of a regular occurence.

I have noticed how much changing MY habits has helped the rest of my family. Tonight, my kids were fighting over vegetables at dinner. Seriously, we had to say, "Eat the rest of your dinner before you get more vegetables." And we now only eat whole grains, whole wheat and brown rice.

We have educated ourselves a lot about carbs, proteins and good fats, and how much we should be eating of each.

As of today, I have lost exactly 35.4 pounds in 1 year! Yay!

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Go Melody! You're amazing!

Catherine said...

I don't think the word HUGE is allowed after that amazing post about how SMALL you've become. Wahoo! But I was just going to say what a HUGE accomplishment this is, Melody. I'm really proud of you!!!