Pretty much since Maddie could talk, she learned the phrase, "I want you!" Emma has picked up on it, too. It is often said in a whiny voice, but is especially used when they want some attention.
The other day it really struck me what she was saying. She wants US(Jared and I). Not storytime at the library, an expensive pre-school, music class, dance class or even playgroup. Those things all have their place, and can be great learning tools, but they should not and CANNOT replace US.
We've been making some hard decisions lately. Ones that shouldn't be so hard, that really aren't that hard, but when it comes to our children, they should be treated that way. I try to logic those things out... weighing the stress of loading the kids in the car, whether or not it interrupts naptime, etc. VS the potential benefits of an activity. And what I have recently learned is that a Pros and Cons list won't solve things in all cases. Most of the time, I could justify nearly any activity just based on a pros and cons list. But the truth is, we can't always see firsthand what the results of our decisions are, but Heavenly Father can. And he guides us as we make those choices. For that, I am SO grateful.
1 comment:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that labels loading the kids in the car as stressful! :)
You're such a good mom, Melody. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Post a Comment