Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Circular conversation

Emma saw that Briggs had a couple of scratches on his arm.  Emma was wondering what happened so I asked him.
Me:  "Briggs, what happened to your arm?"
Briggs: "I got an owie."
Me:  "Where?"
Briggs:  (pointing at his arm) "Right here."
Me: (trying again) "Where did it happen?"
Briggs:  "Right here. On my arm."
Me:  "But what happened to your arm?"
Briggs: "I got an owie."
I give up.
Briggs has always been a good talker, but it is astounding the words/sentences he has come up with lately.
He has been playing with baby dolls lately. It is sweet, until the baby supermans it down the stairs. Or becomes his basketball.
He loves all trucks, motorcycles, trains, planes, horses and any kind of ball.
As we talk about soccer and school for the girls, Briggs often says, "How 'bout me?!" Poor kid is ready to be BIG. Sorry buddy, you get to hang with mom for a while longer...

1 comment:

Karen said...

What an awesome personality!!