The ward party was tonight, and we have spent the last couple of evenings at the church helping get things ready.
Last night, Emma curled up in the pile of coats on the stage and fell asleep. At 4:30pm. Sometimes I wish I was still a kid.
Anderson went to bed at 9, and woke up to eat at 5. No big deal. Diaper was full, so I quickly changed him. Then I finished feeding him, and he pooped. Diaper change again, this diaper change woke him clear up. I almost had him settled down and Emma came in, getting him excited and wide awake. Finally got him back to sleep, and it was 6:30. So Emma and I just went to the store.
I was hurrying at the check out so we wouldn't make Jared late for work. The cashier said, "And how is your morning going?" I looked down at my sweatpants and my hand as I swiped my debit card. There was a streak of baby poop on the back my hand. I could feel the puffiness and heaviness in my eyes from the lack of sleep. I was buying medicine to deal with a yeast infection, which was caused by the antibiotics I'm taking for mastitis.
So I just started laughing. It wasn't that funny, but it sure felt like it! This morning, I was a mess!
Tonight I was Mary, Jared was Joseph, and Anderson was baby Jesus. As I stood on the stage in the "stable", listening to the music, smelling the straw, hearing the story narrated, leaning against Jared with my sweet baby in my arms, seeing my other cute kiddos front and center in the audience saying,"Mom!", I was given a glimpse of that night, so long ago.
He reminded me, "You are my daughter. You are special to me. You are a blessed mother to these precious little ones. I am here for you." I am sure He gave Mary similar reassurances as she began her journey into motherhood.
Going to bed tonight grateful for poopy diapers, short nights and early morning cuddles by the light of the Christmas tree.
A day in my life is pretty great.
No comments:
Post a Comment