When I get behind/overwhelmed with the house, I usually realize it is because I've been slacking off on having the kids do their chores.
We're always changing techniques. I've learned that the kids get bored(and they grow and their needs change, too), so I switch our systems every six months or so.
Right now, Emma is really into letters and figuring out words, so we are just doing a list. They love checking things off of it. Everyday that they complete their list they earn $1 of funny money that they can spend in our "store" or save for special activities. A couple of weeks ago, they earned enough and we went swimming.
It can be one of their consequences, too, to lose a dollar of funny money.
I honestly can't believe that such a simple system is working so well at the moment.
Maddie loves to fold laundry and make beds, Emma loves to wash dishes and clean the bathroom. Briggs loves putting sorted things where they belong, as well as loading/unloading the dishwasher. I don't love to do any of it, so I'll work on convincing them that they love all of it and I'll just let them take over?
2 comments:
That's my plan too! Haha!
That's a great idea! I love it when I have little helpers. I am surprised how much help Leigh and Benson can be when I need it. Sometimes I forget how much they can do because I am used to the big kids doing so much.
Post a Comment