I'm happy to report that this year the girls are having a blast playing t-ball. Last year they had fun, but also liked to pick dandelions, lay down in the outfield and were burnt out by the end of each game.
This year they can hit the ball off of Jared's pitch (although much less consistently in games than at practice or at home), they don't get lost trying to find the bases, and they are fielding more balls.
Maddie starts to get silly during the last inning, and tortures her coach (Jared) with silly poses and swings at bat. She gets frustrated that she doesn't get her hands on more balls when fielding, and enjoys playing 1st base. Last game she hit a ball off a pitch and smashed it. The best part was that she had no idea, so her jaw dropped and stayed like that as she ran to 1st. So cute.
Jared had something come up at work, and was cutting it close to make it back for a game, so I prepped the girls in the car on the way to the field, telling them that I might have to be their coach. He was able to make it and Maddie was so relieved, "That's good. Mom isn't a good pitcher like Dad."
Hanging out with her coach in the outfield.
Playing 1st base.
I was on 2nd helping coach the kids around and got some pictures while I was there! Silly pose for the camera.
Showing me she is number 1!
Getting ready to swing.
This was her huge hit of the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment