Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week 7- With a few pictures, even!

43) I am grateful for Family Home Evening. What an incredible blessing to have several hours each week blocked out as family time. Tonight we built an igloo fort and Briggs taught us(with Jared's help) about facing our tent doors toward the temple and what that means for us.

44)  I am grateful for our washer and dryer.  It has been 10 days without them working and they were fixed today.  It was weird to be so excited about washing a load of laundry!  I'm also grateful that Jared's mom has done so much laundry for us while they were broken, that has made all the difference.  This is what we call a "first world problem", as I realize that the majority of the world would love to have magical machines with running water and I was grumpy about not being able to have them fixed immediately.

45) I am grateful for food to feed my family. I am grateful to be able to buy groceries. I am grateful to know how to cook. I am grateful for new recipes. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/pasta-with-tomato-cream-sauce.html
46) I am grateful for my calling as a visiting teacher. What an inspired program! I learn so much from the amazing women I visit and my incredible partner. Tonight I spent some time exactly where I needed to be, doing and saying what Heavenly Father needed. 

47) I am grateful for cousins. My brother's kids were able to spend a few hours at our house this afternoon and it makes me so happy to watch and listen to them.

48) I am grateful for date nights with Jared. Tonight we went to a Roaring 20's birthday party and dressed up. It was so much fun! 
49) I am grateful for the holidays. With Thanksgiving this week, and Christmas only about a month away, we are all getting caught up in the magic of it all. It is so fun to see it through our children's eyes. 

No comments: