Whew! What a fun week we've had! We kicked off last weekend with my little sister's wedding! The sealing, the weather and the bride were all beautiful! We love Kelsi and Michael and are so excited for them!
My Dad telling a story about Kelsi. And whistling. ;)
We gassed up in Menan. We were laughing at this pump because it seems so foreign now, and it took us a minute to figure out!
We came across a golden eagle sitting on sagebrush only about 20 feet off the road. It was HUGE and so beautiful. It seriously looked like Briggs sitting out there. We turned around to go get a better look. It flew off when we pulled up but that wing span was incredible.
My parents watching Kelsi and Michael's dance.
The newlyweds.
Maddie jumped at the chance to dance with Jared.
They get pretty fancy when they're dancing, sorry it is fuzzy.
Clint asked Emma to dance, she was thrilled.
The girls enjoyed dressing up in coordinating colors. The boys loved the hot chocolate. Emma loved her job at the reception of taping cards onto presents so they wouldn't get lost. She got a little over excited and taped extra envelopes on a few gifts. It was funny.
Saturday morning we relaxed at Grandma's and Emma "designed" her cat. I was pretty impressed!
We got home just in time Saturday to get ready for a dinner date and then we went and played games with friends after. I love dates with Jared.
I neglected to take pictures of our new little Sunbeam and nursery-goer, so when they came home Sunday and started posing with Grandpa Great's old hat, I couldn't resist. His birthday was earlier this month, so he's been on our mind a lot. I could also feel my grandparents during Kelsi's sealing. Heaven has felt really close recently, and I'm so grateful.
Monday the girls had a stage rehearsal in preparation for their dance recital. They wee so excited!
Monday/Tuesday the youngest three kids all got sick with horrible cold/coughs. Luckily Emma, Jared and I managed to escape this one.
Wednesday their fevers were gone and all that was left were runny noses, just in time for the girls' first dance recital! They did an amazing job! I have to say, though, I'm not sure I'm cut out for the dance mom thing. It is a lot of work and stress for four minutes of a performance.
Waiting. Emma was SO excited. I couldn't get a smile from Maddie for the life of me, she was pretty nervouse about everything.
One of their favorite parts. Emma especially really got into the hip movements. Maddie is the 2nd girl on the left, Emma is the 4th.
Their kick line was cute. Look at Maddie's kick!
All smiles after!
They were so excited about the flowers Jared got for them and insisted on taking a picture with them.
Thursday I gave a class on organization at enrichment night. I still find it hilarious that they asked ME to do it, but it was fun to prepare and learn.
Friday Jared took the day off work and we packed up and left after Emma got out of school. I had lots of laundry to fold that morning. Maddie and Jared are under there somewhere.
We headed to Idaho Falls and I got to catch up with my friend Hannah for what felt like only a few minutes. It was not long enough but so fun!
We met up with Jared at the temple.
We managed to time this perfectly somehow. Jared's face when he saw us as he walked out of the temple, and Briggs barreling toward him is one of the best things I've ever seen.
From Idaho Falls we went through Rexburg and on to Victor for Kelsi's open house. The kids had a blast playing with Michael's brother's(who are teenagers and so sweet with kids), drinking hot chocolate and sitting on the various saddles set up around the room.
After the reception we went to Michael's house and the kids got to go meet their 30+ horses. We walked through the corral an as they were eating and pet a lot of them. Jeff (Michael's dad) took turns putting the kids on a horse. They thought it was fun. Anderson clicked his tongue and kicked the horse which had us all laughing. Good thing Duster didn't listen to him! We left late and got home around 2:30am.
Saturday we all slept in and I felt like doing nothing.
Jared, however, can't sit still when he has a perfectly good Saturday, so he worked on framing our bathroom mirror and moving the light fixture above it, also dealing with some wiring issues there.
Anderson helped himself to a slice of bread on a screwdriver.
Oh and we spent 3 hours putting plywood on our barn! It is officially pigeon free! Yay! And I'm sore from sitting on top of it for three hours. Feels so good to have done, though! Now we just have the actual roof, pressure washing the inside and a new coat of stain to do! So grateful for family who help us so much. That is what family is all about.







































1 comment:
You guys had a very busy week! Even your "take-it-easy" days are productive
Post a Comment