Sunday, January 25, 2015

School Days

Emma discovered Dick and Jane books this week.  She is thrilled with the amount of reading she can now do on her own.

One thing I wish I documented better is all the waving, blowing kisses, and signing "I love you" that she does in the Kindergarten pick-up line.  It is my favorite.

Poor Anderson went through another bout of sickness this week.  A cold with a fever/chills.  I had the pleasure of experiencing it, too.  Not fun.  The others kids had lesser forms.

Maddie and Briggs had a pre-school field trip to the Pizza Pie Cafe.  It was fun.  They do such a great job of involving them in every aspect.  They got to tour the walk-in refrigerator, watch the dishwasher that only takes 30 seconds to wash a load, help mix a batch of dough, feel the dough, watch the machine roll out the dough, and put toppings on both a regular pizza and a dessert pizza, which they ate afterward.


Miss Aliya was gone for several weeks and she is finally back!  Yay for Anna, Elsa and Ariel all being together again!

Using their magical powers.

Oh, potty training.  He has been saying "potty" for several weeks.  I have been saying, "No."  I don't want to do it.  Finally when he said it to me on Friday, I grabbed the potty chair and a book.  He sat down, I went to the kitchen sink, and when I turned around he was pooping.  Ok, ok, maybe I believe you, buddy.  However, I am only on board with the pooping part, not ready to take on peeing yet. 

He doesn't understand the sensation yet with peeing.  When he does, I'll let him give it a try.  I always use a warm bowl of water to stick their feet in at first because it always makes them have the urge to go and then we can celebrate so they understand what is supposed to be happening.  He loved the warm water soak for his feet, thought it was a spa day or something!?

A project-filled Saturday.  Jared finished and hung the master bathroom mirror/frame he made for me.  Then he assembled this bunk bed/dresser/desk combo.  It is pretty cool!  The girls don't love the idea of being downstairs, but I'm decorating it in a Frozen theme for them to help with the excitement level.  Seems to be working!  We are not painting or anything, just hanging a few things up for now.

I was thinking I didn't have many pictures of Briggs lately... when I went through my pictures, I realized it is because they are ALL blurry like this!  Not slowing down for a silly picture, that's for sure!!

Emma testing out the top bunk.

More trying it out.  I think it is safe to say that they all love the top bunk.

Emma gets the top bunk this week, next week it will be Maddie's turn.  Interesting system they came up with, I'm curious to see how it goes.

I am on board with anything that requires Christmas lights all year long.  Icicle lights in a Frozen room?  No brainer, right?!

Taking pretend naps after all their hard work.  Briggs has a hard time keeping a straight face while closing his eyes, fake snoring, and pretending to sleep.

Jared tossing and turning into Briggs during their pretend nap.

Crazy fog that rolled in tonight.  My phone doesn't do it justice but I wanted to try and capture it anyway.

1 comment:

Ben and Linda Lee said...

Love all your posts! No wonder they love there room sown stairs. It looks like such a fun room!