Sunday, February 22, 2015

Is it spring?!

We spent a large part of the beginning of the week outside, with no jackets.  We made a couple of stops at parks.  The kids get so excited to go.  At dinner yesterday, I mentioned spring break and that we should plan and go do something fun.  Emma said, "Yes!  Let's got to the park!"  I was half expecting a disneyland request or something.  Why do I always forget that kids love simple things?



Chicken nuggets and slides and sunshine.  Who could ask for more?

We ended the week with waking up to this on Saturday morning.  It was beautiful.  Briggs said, "Mom!  It's Christmas!"  Which was just how Christmas morning was this year, waking up to a winter wonderland.  Suffice to say that I don't think spring is here quite yet.

The finished pinewood derby stands.  Jared is very talented and I'm so grateful that he likes to build things.  The boys were so excited to win these!



Don't you hate it when you forget to take your socks off before getting in the bath?  This is a family joke.  Anderson and Maddie were really not impressed by it, though.

It is hard to see, but the sunset made the jet streams look pink.  The kids thought they were pink shooting stars.


The other day after Emma got home from school, she put on pajamas since we were staying home for the rest of the day.  Then the kids played so well together for so long.  They were giggling so hard and making me laugh.  I let Anderson stay up from his nap for almost two hours because it was such a perfect moment.

Anderson is obsessed with phones, kindles, iPads, etc.  This is a selfie I found on my phone when I was putting this post together.  How is it that my 19 month old can run my phone better than I can?

I have never put a quarter in this horse that is at our wal-mart, but he kids still love to sit on it.  They are always critiquing the reins and stirrups, though.  Grandpa would be proud of their knowledge.

The girls went shopping with me for some supplies for Emma's birthday, as well as some baby shower gifts.  They were so silly and fun.


Megan and Angel.  They are like sisters to me.  We have literally grown up together.  I've know them since they were born, we went to Elementary School together, and we spent our pre-teen and teenage years being pretty much inseparable on the weekends.  We scared away lots of sunday school teachers with our nonstop talking.  We were there for each other to talk about our first hand holdings, first dates, first kisses.  They are the best!  They are both having their first babies, little boys, within the next 6 weeks.  I am so excited for them.  I'm also excited for those little boys- what incredible moms they will have!  

The girls went with me to Angel's baby shower, and my mom was able to meet us there and take them for a little bit.  after the shower we went to Hidden Treasures and had fun looking around.  Maddie found these numbers and wanted to pose with the number 4 since that is how old she is.  4 going on 14, that is. ;)

Emma turns 6 this week, so she went ahead and posed with the number 6.  She is so excited to be having a birthday.  I'm in denial.

We won a prize that included a large fake pacifier.  Maddie fell asleep with it in her mouth on the way home.  Made me laugh!

While we were gone to the baby shower, Jared's basketball team had their first win!  I'm so sad I missed it.  The boys were excited and I know Jared was, too.  Can't wait for the game this weekend!

I have always said that girls are more fun to dress up, but I was wrong.  Suits, suspenders, bow ties, etc. are adorable and so fun to have for the boys.

No comments: