I have had a week where it seems like I never made any progress with my house. This morning I woke up with resolve to get it all done TODAY. But then Emma was giggly and we were having too much fun. She usually takes a nap around 9:30 so I thought I would just lay her down and let her fall asleep on her own like usual to buy me some extra time to get things cleaned. But as I walked her into her room and she looked up at me with a big grin I decided to sit down and rock her to sleep. Read a book with her. Sing a song. The stuff that I sometimes don't do at naptime because I get caught up in getting things done instead of enjoying what I have now. It reminded me of a saying that my Grandma Callister hung in her house,
"Quiet down cobwebs,
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep!"
So if you come to my house and it is a little messy, just know I'm enjoying my baby too much to clean!
10 comments:
Emma is gorgeous. I think I need to see her soon!!!
I love the post. Sometimes i get caught up in the house work and i need to slow down and enjoy my little kiddos.
Emma is a doll.
I love that saying. That is so cute. I think that I need to remember that more often. I get so stressed about cleaning that I miss out on good times with Justus. Great post!
I can't believe how big she looks in that picture WOW!! You are such a smart Mom! definitly more important to enjoy Emma. (while it lasts)
That's so cute! I am so glad you posted that it makes me feel better when I have non productive days!! Emma looks so cute!!
I've never heard that saying before, I love it!!! I think it's easy to get caught up in our "to do lists" and forget what is most important. Emma is such a cutie!
It's is so true, even after three kids, I have to remember to spend a little time with each by the end of each day. They love it and so do I.
I love that saying. That is so cute. Thanks so much for your help the other day!
The picture is beautiful!!!!!
I love this post, partially because since we've moved I've been rushing around like crazy trying to get everything unpacked and cleaned, etc. THe other day I saw Noah playing on his blanket and decided to play with him, and I just realized that that is what is most important. Pretty soon they'll be "all growed up" :)
Post a Comment