
It has been a rough week for Emma. After she and I came down with every cold and flu that have gone around this year, I decided that nursing her wasn't helping either of us anymore and that it was probably time to wean her. So I upped her formula and began the process. Things were great and she wasn't having a hard time adjusting at all! Then Saturday night and Sunday night she woke up screaming as though she was in a lot of pain. And she was up pretty much all night. She also had a bad night Tuesday night. I finally realized that the last time I bought formula I got the kind that had a lot more iron than what we had been using and it was upsetting her stomach. That seemed to be the problem, and she has slept great since then.
I had a lot of time to reflect while I just sat and held my baby in the light from the Christmas tree while the rest of the house was dark, quiet and peaceful. And I really wouldn't trade those moments with her for anything. I am definitely blessed beyond what I need or deserve. I'm so grateful for this time of year and how it grounds me and helps me remember what is really important. Holding a sweet, helpless baby in my arms helps to give me perspective on the Savior's birth and how Mary and Joseph must have felt. I am overwhelmed when she looks up at me with trusting eyes. It also gives me a better idea of the love Heavenly Father has for me and each one of his children.
No comments:
Post a Comment