Sunday, May 23, 2010

Really?!

Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil this if you haven't watched it yet.
I don't know if anyone follows "Lost" but after watching the finale, I am a little frustrated at the lack of closure. We don't follow very many shows like this, but we were sure we were going to get answers tonight. Nope. I was so irritated.

But I realized that I really didn't watch "Lost" for the fluff and happy endings that I look for in most of the shows/movies I usually watch. If I want something deeper I usually find a good book. We liked "Lost" because we never knew what was coming, and that is what kept us coming back to it week after week. In the finale, there wasn't necessarily a "happy" ending, there weren't answers to all the small details of the last six years, the symbolism wasn't really explained and I'm still a little confused.... and that is ok. In fact, I even liked it. See? Even this post shows you how well-written the show is- I can't even figure out what I think about it! :)

No comments: