Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Emma- 19 1/2 months!

I can't believe how old Emma is either! It is crazy! Emma has so much personality and energy it is hard to even put it into words.
----
She is a little social bug. Nothing makes her happier than getting the attention of a stranger at church or the grocery store and making them smile.
----
She is squealing/screaming. A lot. And it detracts from her cuteness. ;) I have tried everything I can think of to get her to stop. Any suggestions? Pepper, lemon juice and peppercorns are apparently all delicious treats to her. She just asks for more.
----
She makes Jared and I laugh all day. She will do anything for a laugh.
----
She loves to sing. At church and in the car she just joins in with the songs, and when she is playing at home she will randomly break into song. I don't know what she is singing, but I sure think it is cute.
----
She is still dancing, even more than ever. Whether she is in the carseat, highchair, playing with her toys or throwing a ball outside, she will just bust a move. Hilarious. I got a quick video of some pretty mild dancing on the kitchen island at the cabin this weekend. Try not to have a heart attack when she almost backs up off the island.

----
She likes to play with her doll now. She likes to give it a bottle and try to put one of Maddie's diapers on it, wrap it up in her blanket, and put it in all of Maddie's baby accessorries- bouncer, carseat, bumbo, swing, exersaucer, etc.
----
She mothers Maddie. The other day Maddie was crying in the carseat on our way home from the store, and wouldn't take her pacifier. I finally gave up and decided she would just have to cry til we made it home. All of the sudden she calmed down and I thought she realized I wasn't going to do anything or something. I glanced back at the next light to see Emma's fingers in Maddie's mouth, helping keep her content. Emma held her fingers there for several miles until we got home, just to make her sister happy.
----
Emma's kisses, hugs and "I love you's" make motherhood worthwhile. Her silly dances and songs remind how to just let go and have fun. I don't care anymore if the car next to us at the light sees us dancing. It's just too much fun to be silly and giggle with Emma. Her recognition of Jesus and the Temple and her desire to fold her arms for prayer and getting out the scriptures every night remind me of the simplicity of the gospel and how powerful the Spirit can be. Her little acts of kindness toward Maddie makes me grateful to have such an example in our home. I want to be more like her in so many ways.


2 comments:

hmmm said...

oh my goodness! look how darling she is.
happy 19 1/2 mts Emma!

Skye said...

Melody, I can't believe how big your girls are getting! I loved reading these two posts about your girls. I feel like I've gotten to know each of their personalities. Thanks for sharing!