Thursday, November 11, 2010

11

Since it is Veteran's Day, it seems appropriate to use today's blog to express my gratitude for those who have and who are serving our country. Without selfless people like them, our country wouldn't be what it is today. I'm grateful to live in a country where I have the freedoms I do- where my family and I can practice religion as we choose, we can choose what and where we want to study school, we can own our own business, live where we want to, drive where and what we want, and have a say in who our government officials are. I think that is pretty amazing, and those are only a few of the blessings we get from living in such a great country that was founded and is protected by such great men and women.

1 comment:

Zane Callister said...

One of the patient today was at the store. A cashier there made a very stupid comment along the lines of "Why are all of the flags up today? I've always thought this was a stupid holiday." The patient/customer, whose husband is currently in Iraq, explained that the holiday isn't just about celebrating that a bunch of 'old guys' won a war but thanking all of our soldiers, past and present, for their sacrifices for our country. The cashier was embarassed. The elderly gentleman who was next in line (and probably a vet) was beaming. God bless the U.S.A.!