Monday, November 22, 2010

22- Twin Falls ER


Never thought I would want/need to know this, but our ER is pretty awesome. Jared and Emma were playing last night and all of the sudden Emma stopped using her right arm. Couldn't lift it, couldn't squeeze my hand, whimpered when we tried to move it. It just hung limply at her side. We decided we better take her to the ER since she is a pretty tough kid and never acts like that. You can see in that picture how thrilled she was to be there.

She ended up having nurse maids elbow. It was essentially dislocated at her wrist and at her elbow and the nurse popped it back into place(Emma did NOT like that). Within minutes Emma was her normal self, running all over the hospital room and getting into everything. We were happy to see our Emma back to being her. She was pretty cute in her hospital gown though. That arm she is pointing with? That was the one she couldn't even lift before we got there. It was like magic, and the nurse taught us how to do it for "next time."
We were in and out in 1.5 hours. Pretty good for an ER, I think.

PS- Can I add how grateful we are that Kyle(Jared's brother) lives in Twin now? It was so nice to be able to call him with 5 minutes notice and drop Madelyn off on our way to the hospital. He helps us out so much with the kids, and they love having their uncle around so much.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm glad she's ok!

Karen said...

Yikes! I hope there never is another time!

Megan said...

got to love daddy playing with the little one and suddenly the elbow dislocates! don't be tough on yourself, it happens to a lot of kids! just no picking up kids by their wrists, it's too much weight on their joints and they dislocate! glad she's better. funny how quickly they feel better once the problem is fixed wouldn't you say?! hope you are all well!

Shawnee said...

Holy cow! I've never heard of that happening before! That would have freaked me out! I'm glad everything turned out okay!