Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas time

I've been getting so excited for Christmas this year. Not because I want to get presents, or even give presents. I remember how magical Christmas was when I was a kid, and I want to make it that way for my kids. And not just Christmas day, but all of it- cutting down our tree, decorating it, the lights, the music, Christmas stories, etc.

We got our Christmas tree last week while we were in Howe. Jared set it up Saturday night when we got home and Emma just kept saying, "Cool! Cool!"

Last night we got our lights on and then Jared had to go run some errands for a couple of hours. Madelyn was in bed, so I sat on the couch with Emma with all the lights off in the house but the Christmas tree lights. The lights were on the setting where they are really bright then slowly dim to nothing then slowly get brighter again. Her eyes got wide EVERY time they came back on, probably 50 times. It never got old. She would look at me like, "Are you seeing this?" and point every once in a while. We fell asleep like that, cuddled under a blanket talking about Jesus and looking at our glowing Christmas tree. It was one those moments in time that I wish I could freeze and make last just a little bit longer...

Magical, just like when I was a child.

No comments: