Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pulling my hair out


I'm officially done with being at home. This sounds really pathetic, but we got home late Sunday night and I literally haven't left our house since then. We have been S.I.C.K. since Monday night(the girls and I). Today, although we still have runny noses and coughs, I would say we are nearly better. It was a crazy flu/cold/cough combo that just wouldn't quit.

If you know me, you know that rarely a day passes that we don't leave the house for something, even if we are just dropping off library books. It is how I stay sane. So when the girls were finishing up bathtime this morning and I had a meltdown I realized how desparately I need OUT. I couldn't even go to the Worldwide Leadership Training this morning with Jared because the girls are still acting sick enough and I didn't want to expose anyone else.

Emma has been so whiny and emotional(she is probably feeling as cooped up as me!) and I asked her what makes her sad. She brought me a diaper. I wasn't even dealing with potty training while we were all so sick. But we are resuming potty training today, at her request. Never thought she would ask me for that.

Anyway, I've never been so excited to stop by the bank, library and grocery store as I am today. :) And then I'll come home ready to be a better mom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get a job and then when you are home, you will never want to leave! :-) ha! Good luck with that...I'm sure you are such a great mom!