I have noticed lately that my blog is more of a journal than a scrapbook. That's ok, it seems like I have needed a place to put down some of my thoughts.
I read about THIS family today. Seriously, you will need a box of tissues, so be prepared. I can't help but think they could use as many prayers as they can get, so I wanted to share.
Part of why I love blogging is that it gives me the opportunity to be inspired by everyday people. I enjoy reading and learning, and your blogs really do so much for me.
Sometimes I feel like I blog about only the positive things in my life. Truly, I have so many blessings that I could fill pages and pages of a book. But I am also grateful for my imperfect life. I'm sitting at my kitchen table with the remnants of the lunch(crumbs, etc.) still on the table, the ingredients still on the counter to be put away. I have no idea what I'll make for dinner. My lawn needs to be mowed. I spent the morning taking the girls for a walk and to the park so I haven't even showered or changed out of a t-shirt and sweats yet. I'm a serious procrastinator. I tend to set goals and miss the mark.
But I'm grateful for the crumbs on the table, toys on the floor and laundry that needs to be washed that represent my little family. They each bring me SO much joy and I don't want to imagine a life without them.
I'm grateful for the food sitting on the counter and in the fridge because my family doesn't go hungry. I might not know WHAT I'll make for dinner, but I know there will be dinner.
I'm grateful for the sweats and t-shirts I always feel like wearing because this little guy inside of me is quickly depleting my wardrobe options.
I'm grateful for my green, growing grass/flowers that gives me such joy and time with my family.
I'm grateful for the goals I don't achieve, because I still progressed by attempting them.
I'm grateful for my health and my family's health that enables us to go for walks, runs and play at the park.
Most of all, I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who blesses me with all these things and so much more.
1 comment:
i love your thoughts! thanks for sharing your imperfections, it makes me feel like i'm maybe not such a crazy woman and others struggle too!
Post a Comment