Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!(& some Easter pics)


I had a great Mother's Day!! My husband spoiled me like crazy, and my kids chose all the right moments to give me big hugs and slobbery kisses.

There is something about Mother's Day that makes me feel guilty. I can't help but think maybe I shouldn't get so much special attention when I could be a much better mom.

But by the end of the day I just realized I'm not going to stress about it, and for me, Mother's Day is when I celebrate the fact that I AM a mother.

To all of you Mom's out there- THANK YOU for all you do so selflessly. I'm always inspired by my friends and my sister-in-laws. You make me love being a mother because I see how much it means to you.

I'm so blessed to have a great mother-in-law that I can call to just chat with. She teaches me so much about motherhood by her example and I will always be grateful to have her in my life.

To my mom- I can't imagine a world without you. I love that you can be my friend and mentor and always take care of me(sometimes just by saying the right thing). I am only just beginning to understand how much you have sacrificed of yourself over the years. Thank you.




1 comment:

Catherine said...

I always feel guilty on mother's day, too, knowing I screw up with so many little things but THIS year, I gave my kids a kitten so it made me feel like the nicest mommy ever. haha Plus I just changed my attitude like you said and celebrated the fact that I am a mother, and that's something to be very thankful about. And I saw the many GOOD things I do as mother. It was one of the happiest days ever!