Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fitness: It's kind of personal

I have been a little out of the blogging world lately. I think that is in large part because (other than kids, husband, house, etc.) my life has been pretty consumed with a personal health reform. And, although most people struggle with weight, eating healthy, exercising enough, etc., it sometimes seems like a taboo subject to talk about. And I wasn't feeling like putting myself out there and sharing how it was going for me.

Maybe because I've tried and failed before.

Maybe because I didn't want to be held accountable.

Maybe I wanted to pretend like it was easy.

Maybe I felt like the only person struggling with it.

But I have decided I'm NOT failing this time, and I want to be held accountable to my goals. More than anything, I want to make it clear that it is not EASY, it is a process, but it is POSSIBLE. Maybe I can help someone by writing about my fitness journey. Even if it helps one person, it will be worth it. If nothing else, I'm going to be glad I wrote it down for ME.

I didn't take care very good care of my body during my pregnancy with Briggs. I did at first, but then I had a million excuses why it didn't really matter what I ate or how active I was. With both girls I was running and doing yoga most of the pregnancy. But right before I had Briggs, my wake-up call was coming within a couple of pounds of Jared's weight. That might sound silly, but Jared is 5 inches taller than me! With a much larger frame!

So I made a plan that was to start when Briggs was 2 weeks old... (to be continued...)

No comments: