My heart is full. That's the only way I can describe it. My Mom came to help out Monday night. She cooked us meals, cleaned, held babies, took shifts during the night and helped me so much emotionally. Jared's mom stopped and took all our laundry to her house and brought it back cleaned and folded. Our neighbors stopped by. Jared's dad brought the girls Valentine's Day gifts. So many supportive texts, phone calls and messages. Woke up to find flowers and a gift from Jared on my kitchen table.
I have had so many tender mercies in the last week that I can't even begin to list them. Everything from a phone call at 10 PM offering to assist Jared in giving a Priesthood Blessing to Briggs exactly when it was needed... to a friend who happened to check their cell phone at church and stepped in to teach our primary class at literally the last second... to a calm coming over me even as he was struggling to breath in the middle of the night... to being guided to read the exact verse of scripture I needed.
Heavenly Father is aware of us. EVERY day, EVERY minute. He is looking for ways to bless us and sometimes it takes being humbled to recognize His hand in the little things.
I've been reading in 1 Kings and just read in chapter 19 when the Lord is speaking to Elijah. The Lord was not in the wind, or the earthquake, or the fire, but in a still small voice. I am SO grateful for that still small voice and how often it has been there just when I need it the most.
2 comments:
Melody how utterly scary about your baby boy! so glad he is on the mend. Thank you for this post, you really are super woman! So grateful for all that you teach me:D
thanks for sharing that- I need to sit and be still and listen for that still small voice more often in my life!
Post a Comment