
After enjoying a whole week of having Jared home and a fun weekend with both sides of the family, I was bracing myself for a rough Monday. It is like the kids have to decompress or something, we are all usually coming off of sugar highs, and there is always plenty of laundry and cleaning to do. Oh, and Jared has class on Monday nights, so the day always seems long to me.
Maddie woke up first, and she cried when Jared left for work. So she and I just cuddled and talked for 45 minutes before the others woke up. She is a talker, so smart and funny. I love it when she pinches her thumb and index finger together and says, "I love you to the moon and back."
Maddie and Briggs took afternoon naps at the same time, so Emma and I got to have some good cuddle time, too. Over an hour of just the two of us. She would just randomly turn and give me a kiss, then lay her head back on my shoulder. She has the most tender heart and loves to help me.
Then I let the girls watch a movie after dinner so Briggs and I got about an hour of tickling, giggling and blowing raspberries. He already knows how to tease me! After I kiss him he tries to kiss me. So sweet and slobbery. But I love it.
It is days like today that I just love being a mom! I'm always grateful to be a mom, but we all need days like these every once in a while to give us an extra boost. I truly love them each SO much and can't imagine what my life would be like without them.
Oh, and if that wasn't heaven enough, Jared got home from class early, like an hour and a half early.
It was just a good, simple day and I don't want to forget it.
No comments:
Post a Comment