Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mitt & Briggs


When I found out that Mitt Romney was coming to Idaho Falls, I decided I needed to go hear from him in person. I left the girls with my sister-in-law(Thanks, Mandee!) and took Briggs with me.

We left early, got there early and still hiked in to Skyline High School! After trudging through mud, snow and everything in between, I neared the school and was stopped by someone headed back to their car because they wouldn't let her take her purse in. She was worried about my diaper bag. I was not excited to go back to my car with Briggs and carseat in tow, so I went to the school office and asked them if they would hold my bag.

Not only did they hold my bag, they led me through the back hallways, past secret service, black curtains, etc. and up the stairs so I had a better view and somewhere to sit. I was very grateful. I had to get a picture of Briggs with Romney in the background.

My mom and her friend were meeting me there but the gym I was in filled up and they sent everyone else to the other gym.

The entire experience was interesting and I was so glad I could go. Briggs and I went down to the gym floor to meet Mitt after his speech was over. Sorry the pictures are so fuzzy.

No comments: