We are living in Bannock County and they held their Caucus in the ballroom at ISU. Really? There were over 2,000 people! They opened up extra rooms, and there were NO chairs in the whole building available! I took this picture from where I was standing in the biggest room. Doesn't do it justice, but I thought it was impressive to see how many people came.

They gave each of us a small stack of ballots. Each ballot had all the candidates listed on it. The plan was to have everyone vote and if there wasn't a 50% majority, then they drop the least voted-for candidate and go again until there was a clear winner.
Before voting, each candidate had a representative speak for them.
A group of high school kids canvassed the room picking up ballots. They they and the Social Studies department from Century High School counted the votes. It was actually pretty efficient and went fairly fast.
Romney won in our county by an overwhelming amount. I think he got somewhere around 1800 votes of the 2050 or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment