
She just finished a session of winter swimming lessons, and loved them. She took the pre-school swimming lessons this summer and was able to test into the next level, even though she isn't old enough. Her class this winter was definitely a challenging class for her, and sometimes it was hard for me to watch her having to push herself outside of her comfort zone. But she still loves it- she is doing great in the all the regular things- kicks, strokes, bobs, etc. The new things that were hard for her are going totally under water, and jumping off the side of the pool onto just a pool noodle, and her back float. But she is doing all of them, and we are so proud of her.
On the last day of class, I prepared her all day to jump off the side of the pool to the pool noodle, without her teacher even holding the noodle. I watched her finally do it in class, and it was a little emotional for me. It was a moment where I was sad that she was so grown up, excited for her achievement and proud of her bravery. But after she did it, she looked around until she saw me and gave me a her huge grin and a big thumbs up. Melted my heart. And I realized that even though she is getting older and more independent, I'm still her mom, she still needs me. Sometimes she needs me in a different way than in the past, but she still needs me.
After her surgery, her hearing and speech have really improved. The Dr. said it was like she was underwater before, so you can probably imagine the improvement. She and I have had some of the best conversations lately. The other night, out of nowhere, she said, "Mom, I might go on mission. I don't know."
I said, "That's ok. You can be a missionary now." We talked about some of the things my sister is teaching/doing on her mission for others, and Emma really got excited when I said she is sharing her testimony.
She said, "I do my testimony. Up the stairs at church?" I know that she has been wanting to bear her testimony for a long time, but I thought she just thought it would be cool to talk in the microphone. So I asked her what she would want to say, and I want to write it down here so I don't forget, it was so sweet.
"I want to bear my testimony. I know Jesus loves me. I know the temple makes me happy. I know the scriptures can help me. I know my family loves me forever."
She keeps "practicing" for anyone who will listen, and wants to go up in Sacrament Meeting soon. When we were cleaning the church with the Young Women last week, she stood at the microphone in the primary room and bore her testimony to a couple of the Young Women. And then she did it again for a few other Young Women with the microphone in the gym that we set up for Young Women in Excellence. Yesterday I think she shared her testimony with Jared and/or I 9 times. It is interesting how it has evolved and what she has a testimony of. It is different every time, and I learn so much from her.
Yesterday they started taking the senior nursery into primary for singing time. I happened to walk past her classroom and realized that is where they were, so I went and peeked in the primary room. When did our baby girl get so big?! I was so ready for her to go to nursery, but not so ready for her to go to sunbeams yet. Ready or not, I guess...
Her hair is getting long. And it is really really thick and she manages to get some really nasty knots and bedhead. This is only one example of the many mornings we wake up to her fun hair.

We took the kids to the Pediatrician for check-ups, and Emma was so happy to just be hanging out, not having to get looked at or get shots. She told me it was because she is so "big" now.
No comments:
Post a Comment