Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Spiritual High

Tonight we had another training on the new youth curriculum for next year, "Come Follow Me."  I love it, I know it will change the Young Women's lives, but I especially know that it will change my life.

I have been searching for something a little more, a little deeper, and it hit me tonight in the meeting that this is it.  It will literally change my life if I allow it to.  IT IS THAT IMPORTANT.

It is my assignment to teach the first Sunday in January to the entire Young Women's.  It will be the first time any of us have taught from the new curriculum, or in its format.  8 leaders, 30 girls, a member of the bishopric and often other visitors join us.  It is a little intimidating.  But after the meeting tonight, I feel my thoughts coming together, and I'm realizing what I need to teach and why.  Or at least some of why, I may never know all the exact reasons.

So tonight, when I thought I was exhausted.  When I had a hard time even having the energy to GO to my meeting, I will be up late, studying and preparing because right now I know I have the help I need.

I feel at peace.  Jared got home today after being out of town, my whole family is sleeping, the smell of our cedar tree surrounds me, the only lights I have on are the Christmas tree lights and the Christmas lights outside, and I can hear the music softly playing from the girls' room.

"Silent night!  Holy night!
All is calm, all is bright..."

So much of the Savior was known at his birth and for years and years before.  "Son of God, love's pure light."  "With the dawn of redeeming grace."  "Heav'nly hosts sing Alleluia!"  I believe I was one of those hosts, singing "Alleluia" for my Savior, who redeemed the world, whose pure light and love applies to me, to Jared, to my children, to all.

I know that Christ was born of Mary and I am truly enjoying celebrating Him with my family this month.

President Hinckley:  "None so great has ever walked the earth. None other has made a comparable sacrifice or granted a comparable blessing. He is the Savior and the Redeemer of the world. I believe in Him. I declare His divinity without equivocation or compromise. I love Him. I speak His name in reverence and wonder. I worship Him as I worship His Father, in spirit and in truth. I thank Him and kneel before His wounded feet and hands and side, amazed at the love He offers me."




No comments: