Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Accomplishment

We have been working with Emma on her speech.  A lot.  I can't even help but take a moment and correct her no matter where or what we are doing.  And Jared does the same.  With her desire to do better, it seems to be very successful.  We have a long way to go yet, but we're getting there!

Yesterday was "Emma's Day".  She got to stay up later than the others and hang out with Mom and Dad.  She went on a walk with me, played some angry birds with Jared, and folded a couple loads of laundry with us.  She loves folding/putting away laundry right now.  :)

I went in the bathroom to help her finish brushing her teeth and we did our nightly ritual of tongue exercises and sounds.  She has her "ch" and "sh" now, and we've been working really hard on her "la" or basically anything involving the letter "l".  She had an ahah! moment and it just clicked.  I think her tongue is stronger now, too, so that helped, but she was SOOOOO excited.  She ran out to show Jared.

She said, "Dad!!  Listen!  Lalalala!  I sound like YOU now!  I can do it!"

He praised her a lot and then said, "Emma, that is because you worked so hard."

She wanted to wake up Maddie and Briggs to tell them, we told her she had to wait until morning.  So then she turned to Molly(the puppy), grabbed her face and started "lalalala"ing to Molly.

I'm so incredibly proud of her.  It hasn't been easy, but she has learned how attitude + effort = result.  I hope she remembers that feeling and continues to have experiences like that in her life.

No comments: