Monday, June 1, 2009

2 Years!



Jared and I had our 2 year anniversary on the 19th. He didn't have meetings that night (he normally does on Tuesday nights), so we went golfing. We left Emma with her first real baby-sitter. I was kind of nervous about leaving her, but our next door neighbors watched her and had so much fun doing it. In fact, when I tried to pay them they said, "Are you kidding? We should be paying you!" Jared and I had a great time and I am getting so much better! It is crazy how quickly 2 years has gone! Last year I wrote down my favorite memories from our first year of marriage for Jared, so here is year #2!



1. Telling you I was pregnant for your "Father's Day gift"
2. Rafting. Watching you float off down the river and almost getting to cash in your life insurance policy. : ) (I 'm glad I didn't get rich that trip, honestly)
3. Falling asleep at the drive-in
4. Golfing. Going to the driving range and the "cute" clubs I had to have.
5. Running. To the temple and back, around the track, all around town, when you made us do sprints, leaps, box jumps, cones, etc., going to the gym to run so we could watch the NBA playoffs since we didn't have cable. The marathon we almost ran.
6. Taking the TV and surround sound outside to watch movies in the yard at night. (that way it was less embarassing if we fell asleep- no one had to come wake us up)
7. Swimming. Our cool goggles we had to have and the 10 year olds lapping us. ;)
8. Emma. The first time we saw her and heard her heartbeat, when we found out what we were having and you almost missing it because they took me back early and you didn't know I was there yet. The first time you held her.
9. Last year's anniverary- the pinata, alarm clock and Moscow.
10. How you were freezing without the horse blanket.

This list could go on and on. I just want to thank you for being the good man that you are. I love watching you with Emma, it melts my heart. You are such a good dad! Thanks for loving me so unconditionally, being so supportive of me, and for being such a hard worker when it comes to the many responsibilities you have- I admire your strength and your love for others. I feel so lucky to be married to my best friend... and the smartest man I know. ;) Can't wait for another great year with you!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

It's been two years already??? Holy cow that went fast!

Connie said...

You are so sweet. I am so lucky to have you as a sister in-law. Your comments about Jared made me cry. You two are perfect for eachother. Hope you have many exciting years to come (and many more babies)! Love ya

Stephanie said...

way cute! It only seems to get better and better huh?! congrats I hope there are MANY more to come!