Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Weekend



I am really behind on blogging, but I think this is the last one of the day! For Memorial Weekend, we went with Jared's family to Yellowstone/Island Park. We all loaded up in his grandparents' motorhome. It was fun because all 15 of us were able to be in one vehicle together and could talk, eat and play games. A friend of the family has an amazing cabin in Island Park that they let us borrow. It was beautiful, and included a couple of big screen TVs, a jacuzzi, places for 24 people to sleep, a fully-stocked, gorgeous kitchen complete with stainless steel appliances, and much more. So our weekend of "camping" was pretty rough. We spent the weekend driving the park, seeing the animals and the sights. We also went on a hike to Fairy Falls that was a little over 5 miles up and back. The kids were troopers on this hike, I was very impressed. We had a couple of close encounters with some buffalo that were on the trail to Fairy Falls and narrowly escaped with our lives.;) We saw 3 bears and stopped to see a fourth but it was hidden in the trees so we didn't ever get a good look at it. There were a ton of buffalo, baby buffalo and elk. The weather was perfect for this trip, and I think that was why we saw so many animals, especially the bears. Here are a couple of pictures that Connie took on the trip that she let me steal from her! Thanks, Connie!

Paige and Emma

Emma and Grandma

Bear #1

Bear #2

Bear #3




1 comment:

Brittany said...

Looks like you had a great memorial weekend! I wish I could say the same...I sat in a rental shack all weekend and I forgot that it was memorial day..ops. Your next blog can be Bear Lake lol. See you next week!