Monday, June 29, 2009

4 Months & Green Beans

Emma is now 4 months old! I took her to the Dr. today for her check-up, etc. Her stats are: 12 lbs. 10 oz. (25th percentile) 25 1/4 in. (90th percentile). Her weight is still in the 25th percentile like it was at 2 months. She has grown 2 1/2 inches in 2 months! She was in the 75th percentile for height and is now in the 90th percentile. Maybe she will be a basketball player? : )

Thursday we took her swimming for the first time. She didn't know where we were going, but after we got her in her swimsuit and into the carseat, she was so excited that her legs and arms are blurry in all the pictures we took. We weren't sure how she would react to the pool, but there were so many new sounds and things to see that I'm not sure she even realized she was in a huge pool! She did start splashing, but then the lifeguard saw lightning so we had to get out of the pool. It was probably about the perfect amount of time for her to spend in the pool for her first time, though.
We have also started to feed her some foods. She doesn't seem to mind rice cereal, but she doesn't gobble it up like she loves it, either. She does like to exfoliate by rubbing the cereal into her face as much as possible, though. Today we gave her some green beans. She doesn't react much to them in this video, but by the time she was done eating, she was attacking the spoon. The funniest part of this video is when Jared sneezes at the end. Emma has been really jumpy lately, so her reactions to his sneezes are funny.

And the end result- not too messy!
Not too happy, either! (I think she was done with pictures)
Emma has been giggling a lot lately. Sometimes she gets her crying and laughing mixed up and she will be looking up at me with tears in her eyes- laughing her head off! It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

She looks great! I can't wait to hear how the veggies go!

Brittany said...

Food already? She can't be that old. I don't want her to grow up already. You should try and stunt that for me. Keep her a baby for a while til I get to spend more time with her! Love ya!

Johnson Family said...

They grow up so fast! It seems like yesterday she was just born. It is so fun though to see them reach new milestones and try new things.