Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dear Emma,

I'm sorry I didn't see this one coming,
That I couldn't stop your tumble down our stairs.
It really did break my heart to watch,
To pick you up and dry up all your tears.


Luckily it was just our front steps outside our house, but it was still so sad. Not the first bump, and won't be the last. It looks pretty bad, though. :(

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Poor Girl! :( You are right ... I am sure it won't be the last!

Connie said...

Poor baby!! I just want to kiss her little face. It's so hard to be so little. Best of luck mastering those nasty stairs Emma.

Heather said...

I remember wanting to make Aubree a bubble suit at that age. It's hard to watch them fall and not be able to stop it. Give Emma a big hug from us!!! We found a home in Twin Falls. We are moving next Saturday. I am so excited to see you more often. You will have to show me all the cool places in Twin Falls. Take care.

Mardi said...

She looks so sad. Poor thing. Oh, the life of a toddler...

Charlotte said...

I think the first time in my life I thought I might honestly have a heart attack was watching Sam tumble down a flight of hard, wood stairs onto a cement floor. I was pregnant and couldn't move fast enough to grab him...

She'll be alright... bruises go away faster than you think they will. Poor girl!

Megan said...

i know how you feel! it was traumatic for me the first time liam fell down a flight of stairs! thankfully they usually rebound pretty well.

Karen said...

I hate watching that! Hope she feels better...and so do you!

Shawnee said...

I'm not sure who those tumbles hurt more, the little one who falls or the poor mom who picks up the little one off the floor!