I woke up grumpy. Seriously, I haven't felt this out of sorts for a long time. I spent the morning gettting frustrated and just wishing I could rewind the clock a few hours and give myself a chance to start the day over.
Then the kids went down for their naps after lunch and I started reviewing the morning, wondering what went so wrong...
I didn't sleep very well, but that happens often enough.
Emma came into our room a little before 7 with a poopy diaper. Not a fun way to start the morning, but it wasn't THAT early.
Maddie slept in.
Jared made pancakes for breakfast before leaving for work.
Because the girls were awake before I was out of bed, I skipped morning prayer and scriptures.
And I didn't get a chance to workout or get a shower in until a couple of hours into the day.
Not only that, but I wasn't home last night and didn't really clean up the kitchen or living room once I was home, so I woke up to a sink full of dishes(among other things).
I have always prided myself on my non-routine life. The house gets tidied haphazardly, whenever I have a minute or we have company or it actually gets dirty. I work out when(or if) the girls' nap schedules align, I work a shower in and get ready for the day after the girls are up, fed and ready and can hopefully be occupied playing for a few minutes while I get a quick one in.
I always said how much I like that laid back feeling, but the last little while I have been pretty regimented with my morning and night routines. And it is amazing what just 30 minutes every morning and night does. But more importantly, the way it affects myself and my family. There is just something so peaceful about going to bed and waking up to an organized house, and having myself mentally and physically prepared for the day before they even wake up. I'm hooked.
So anyway, now that I tried out a day of what NOT taking care of myself and my house does for my family, I'll hopefully not be trying that again any time soon...
2 comments:
I need routine... but I am sadly lacking one right now. As a result I've given up being happy as well as being grumpy. Right now I am just being, for better or worse.
One of these days I'll figure out my flow again...
My house is just "being" also... and that's quite a sight to behold.
Post a Comment