Oh, little Miss Madelyn... she is so sassy and it ends up being so hilarious. She is very much into the "I do it myself" phase.
Her favorite phrases are:
"That is so RUDE."
"I will, I PROMISE."
"Let's do this thing! Haha!"
This morning she came running out of Briggs room and said, "Mom! Mom! I totally rocked the house!!"
She is such a Daddy's girl. She wants to be with him, by him, as close as possible. Somehow she scoots herself onto his lap at every meal... She wakes up early enough to sleep next to him until he leaves for work. When he wakes up at 6:30, she is right by his side. It is very sweet.
I folded a mountain of laundry the other night, and put the kids' piles onto the couch so I didn't wake them up putting it away. The next morning I was doing dishes and looked back into the living room only to see that the clothes were all missing. I went to find them, and saw Maddie putting the last of the laundry into her drawer. She put away all three kids clothes, in the correct drawers, too!
Sometimes I just find her spraying windex and wiping the dining room windows, sweeping the floor, or clearing off the table.
Every morning when Briggs wakes up, she goes to him first, and plays with him until I go in. The other day I needed to take a shower when they were all awake, so I asked Emma to watch Briggs. She said she didn't want to, but Maddie said, "Mom! I watch Briggs!" And she did. She sat on the floor in front of him, giving him more toys and keeping him happy the whole time. They have a special connection, and they love to wrestle, cuddle and play.
She loves food, pretty much everything.... but she hates pop and orange juice and doesn't love hot dogs. Her favorite foods are peanut butter and honey sandwiches, strawberries, grapes, apples and cinnamon oatmeal, and any kind of pasta.
No comments:
Post a Comment