Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Toddler #3

Emma is taking swimming lessons, and her first lesson was last night. Maddie wanted to watch, so she went with us. While we were there, I got this text from Jared, but I couldn't tell what it was because my phone couldn't handle it.
 


After running into some friends who were there with their girls for dance, and a not-so-quick trip to the store, we were gone about 2 hours.

While we were gone, Briggs kept getting into things, making messes, and then he unplugged some cords from an outlet.  So Jared put him in timeout(we start using timeout around 12 months- it seems to be effective even that early!). 

He was really mad at Jared, so he just stood up in the corner and then pushed off from the wall, the force making him take a step or two.  When he figured out what he did, he just kept going, so he practiced walking almost the whole two hours we were gone, and was pretty much a pro by the time we got home.

It is funny because he wouldn't really take any steps after he did a couple of weeks ago, so this almost came of out nowhere.  Funny boy.  I try to pretend like they are still babies for as long as I can, but once they start walking, they are officially toddlers in my mind. : / 

No comments: