Friday, February 8, 2013

Noble fatherhood



"Noble fatherhood gives us a glimpse of the divine." (James E. Faust)

I came across THIS video a couple of weeks ago.  When I watched it, I thought of Jared immediately, this is absolutely him.  I have said many times that I have a better understanding of our Heavenly Father's love for us and more of His personality because of the example Jared sets.  I am so blessed to have such a great man in my life.

I can't write anything that would really do justice to how I feel about this man...

But Jared is one of the most hard-working men I have ever met.  Somedays I'm not sure he even had more than 30 seconds to himself, but he never complains.  He is motivated and dedicated to improving himself at work, at home and spiritually.

He is an amazing dad.  It can get a little crazy at our house- not for the faint of heart for sure.  But Jared looks at it differently, he sees all the FUN, and there is definitely a lot of that with our three busy kiddos.  He is a horse, a jungle gym, a monster, a bear... a dad.  He jumps right in when he walks in the door, helping finish up dinner, set the table, entertain the kids, disciplining the kids if needed(and oh so patiently!).

And to me, he is a "faithful husband"... when I first watched the video I assumed it meant he faithful in the sense most would think, but as I have thought and studied the word "faithful", I found some more fitting definitions for it.

"1:  Steadfast in affection or allegiance;  2:  Firm in adherence to promises or in observance of duty;  3:  Given with strong assurance, binding;  4:  True to a standard."

I love those definitions of faithful because if I could just think of a few words to describe Jared- STEADFAST, FIRM, STRONG and TRUE would all make the list.

Jared, I love you!  Happy Happy Birthday!  Hope your day is GREAT!!










1 comment:

Zane Callister said...

I haven't looked at your blog in forever. Loved this post! You picked a good one!