Wednesday, June 24, 2009

30 Days!

So a friend of mine posted a blog that has motivated me to try this challenge as well... although I have read the Book of Mormon many times- especially 1 Nephi, chapter 1! :), I have always wanted to read it in a short time. I want to read it more like a novel, and completely lose myself in it like I was reading it and hearing all the stories for the first time. I will admit, I am nervous because it will be taking on a lot, but I can do it! If any of you want to jump on board with me to help keep me motivated, that would be awesome! Let me know if you do! I will start July 1st and end July 31st. Here is the schedule (I based it off the one on http://nabomoremo.org/).

JULY
1: 1 Nephi 1 - 1 Nephi 10
2: 1 Nephi 11 - 1 Nephi 16
3: 1 Nephi 17 - 2 Nephi 1
4: 2 Nephi 2 - 2 Nephi 8
5: 2 Nephi 9 - 2 Nephi 19
6: 2 Nephi 20 - 2 Nephi 28
7: 2 Nephi 29 - Jacob 4
8: Jacob 5 - Words of Mormon
9: Mosiah 1 - Mosiah 7
10: Mosiah 8 - Mosiah 17
11: Mosiah 18 - Mosiah 26
12: Mosiah 27 - Alma 4
13: Alma 5 - Alma 10
14: Alma 11 - Alma 17
15: Alma 18 - Alma 24
16: Alma 25 - Alma 31
17: Alma 32 - Alma 39
18: Alma 40 - Alma 46
19: Alma 47 - Alma 52
20: Alma 53 - Alma 60
21: Alma 61 - Helaman 4
22: Helaman 5 - Helaman 12
23: Helaman 13 - 3 Nehpi 3
24: 3 Nephi 4 - 3 Nephi 10
25: 3 Nephi 11 - 3 Nephi 18
26: 3 Nephi 19 - 3 Nephi 27
27: 3 Nephi 28 - Mormon 3
28: Mormon 4 - Ether 1
29: Ether 2 - Ether 9
30: Ether 10 - Ether 15
31: Moroni 1 - Moroni 10

I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Danette said...

I may do this with ya. 1 of my friends & I were gonna do something like this, and she was gonna find her "schedule" for reading. Anyhow, maybe i'll show her your's & see if she'd want to do it with me too. Feel free to "check up" on me. :D

Connie said...

Sounds awesome I am in!! I don't know how well I will do, but definitly worth a try. I had never thought to try and read it in 30 days. GREAT IDEA!!!