Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolving to be better

So many things I want to do- run a half marathon, monthly temple attendance, morning prayer, morning scripture study, make it through all 90 days of P90X with no more than 1 day off in a row(this will make my weight loss goal happen), read some more classics, do my visiting teaching EVERY month, potty train Emma, read to the girls every day, follow our budget, have a cleaner house, experiment with new recipes, earn a trip to Hawaii, the list could go on and on.

I've been thinking about this a lot, but rather than just DOING things(just checking these items off my list), I want to BE someone different by the end of the year.

be more fit.
be more organized in my home.
be a better mom.
be debt free.
be a woman of my word.

All of my checklist items help with my primary goals, but keeping the big picture in sight really helps to set my priorities. Sometimes I get lost in doing something GOOD and miss out on achieving something BETTER. So that is what I'm focusing on in 2011. BEing someone better than I was in 2010.

No comments: