Monday, January 24, 2011

Woke up feeling ambitious today


Part of pulling through the January blahs for me is setting goals, having something to look forward to. I have recently been going to the gym more and focusing on nutrition for our family more, and it has helped me a lot. I've actually lost almost six pounds this month!

But I decided to start training for a sprint triathlon. Since it is my first one I'm doing a pretty simple, easy one. It includes a 1/2 mile swim, 10 mile bike ride, and 3 mile swim. I'm really the most worried about swimming well enough to get a decent time. It's on April 22nd, if any of you are interested.... Time to start training!!

1 comment:

the hawker's said...

woah! that sounds super ambitious! maybe someday i will set a goal like that. of course, i will have to learn how to swim first. never been a huge fan of the water...

good luck melody! i think that is awesome that you will be doing that!